Part 1: Excerpts from Rawprincess Rituals and Rants: A SelfCare Guide to Beauty and Grace


My First Brown Rice And Wilderness Cure

Pen name Chelsea Sacajawea https://www.amazon.com/dp/1514169711

Recovering A Sense of Food as Nourishment, Not Entertainment

I was stepping along a wild deer trail. I'd hiked in several hours from a road which was three hours from the nearest stop light. The tamarisks wispy pine needles and evergreens baked in the sun allowing a fresh, dry, aroma which I savored. I'd slipped once, down the steep slopes of the drop out here high above the creek and landslid down a bit, but was in such peak physical condition I was able to traction my way back up with stealth ...

What do you do when you don't know what else to do. You have this inkling, this radical idea, that life was meant to be good. And trapped in a daily nightmare of overeating day after day, you don't feel you are really meant to be this miserable? Some would say I risked my life to save myself from an addiction. Some would say I did the right thing. They both would be right, technically. I want to be abundantly clear I do not endorse haphazardly isolating alone in the wilderness. I do endorse removing one's self from the addictive temptations for as long as it takes to reset your brain and have a spiritual awakening. I describe a little more below.

I once took the classic macrobiotic brown rice cure in the woods which greatly helped me to release excess weight, strengthen my body and discover the difference between eating for fuel and eating for entertainment. I was there about thirty days. This book is pro-raw vegan but if you’re attracted to it, can’t get much fresh produce, and/or have had a very poor diet, this could be a great upgrade transition for short-term. Grains have their right use and their right times to be used, in my opinion. But not when they have been stored for long periods in silos and then are treated chemically to reduce bugs, they are milled and the fiber taken out of them, then cooked and packaged with preservatives. What about that sounds healthy? Even if the bran is left in it, these conditions wipe out any potential positive benefits.

Also, since most people have repetitiously overeaten wheat laced with glyphosate, thereby creating an allergy, I recommend no gluten at all.

Since that brown rice cure, my food issues have never again been as problematic. Why? I was able to step away from the usual sources of binge-foods. I was in a situation where I performed fairly hard physical labor in the woods which upped my fitness levels rapidly to a zone I'd never experienced before and which also calmed the anxiety and restlessness which had plagued me for so long and over which I'd tended to junk out.

But I need to caution the reader that not everyone is ready for such a venture. I had a mentor and a helper to set me up in the woods who was experienced with outdoor living and who checked on me once a week. I didn't have any medical conditions; I was not on any medications. I was not under the care of a physician.

There are things that can go very wrong for someone alone in the wilderness so if you are attracted to this idea—and it can be very effective—I want you, dear reader, to make sure you are prepared for safety and that you understand I went through many emotional days where I cried very hard. I used journaling and tarot card readings and meditations. I was actually shot at—bullets whizzing by me—stalked by rattle snakes and had an encounter with what I believe to be Bigfoot or Sasquatch. I also fell down a mountainside all alone and had to propel myself up again. I was lucky. I'm here in one piece. But please don't do anything rash or foolish.

The time in the woods, a two-hour hike to abandoned logging roads and a three-hour drive to the nearest stoplight, ended up to be ultimately eye-opening and life changing. Partly just so I could see what my body was really like with muscle, very little fat, and I could experience some unselfconscious time of just feeling normal and focusing on life instead of food or weight. I wish everyone could find their way to an experience like that. Maybe by reading my story people can discover it right in their own home or in study and support groups. There could be planned wilderness quests in context with others nearby on the land.

This is just one possible option for those who need to avoid a lot of prep and shopping time and are transitioning from a very processed diet. It can give the break, like it did for me, from too many choices and let you focus on regrouping.



Notice this story grabs you? Please contact the author: Sea Cummins for a free consultation to see if her  mentoring, raindrop massage and world renowned bodywork & classes are right for you. Portland, OR and Baja del Sur, Mexico Book with Sea at raindropsanctuary dot CO or comment here!

copyright 2011, 2018 Sea Cummins all rights reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proper Care and Flushing of the Gallbladder with Sea Cummins and Friends